From DEA’s perspective, Stavanger meets these criteria, says Kjetil Hjertvik, Communications Manager at DEA. The region forms an excellent basis for the creation of a single DEA corporate culture and further growth in Norway. The benefits of having an office in Stavanger:
• All major operators (Statoil, ExxonMobil, Total, Shell, ConocoPhillips etc.) are located in the Greater Stavanger region, and 85% of the top 20 producers.
• All major service companies are located in the Greater Stavanger region.
• Proximity to and well established relationship with the relevant authorities for operators.
• Active engagement by politicians to support Stavanger as an oil and gas capital.
• The oil and gas industry association is located in Stavanger.
• The state holding company for oil and gas (Petoro) has its HQ in Stavanger.
• An established environment for operators (NOFO, OFFB, SOL etc.).
• Easy access to people with operating experience.